Thursday, September 11, 2014

Am Not

(note, many of the links for today's post are songs...I think you will be encouraged to go to them and listen)

" Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and  though the Christmas tree aches a bit empty, even though there are no grapes on the vine and no struggle-free days, even though the olive crop fails, even though I fail, even though so much fails--even now I will rejoice in the Lord."
The Greatest Gift.Ann Voskam

I fail.  I am not the mom, the wife, the daughter, the friend, the servant of the most High that I ache to be, that I ought to be, that they long for me to be.

I do not use my abilities and gifts.  And if I do, the motivation is suspect.  The outcome and quality miss the mark.

But worse than not doing, I am not.  Though the tug of the human heart is to beI AM--the one in control that makes things (and oursselves) happen, the truth that is that I AM - not.  But that is the lesson to be learned.  We are not the I AM.  He is.

Life is not about easy.  It's about Him.  His glory. and He cares for us.


Colossians 1:16King James Version (KJV)

 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
May Christ be our vision.  Our focus.  Our purpose.  Our all. 
Even when it all seems lost to our shallow sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment