Thursday, October 11, 2012

"You don't know what it is to rejoice in the Lord unless you are suffering"

I was listening to this little video while I checked this and that on the computer.
This literally stopped me in my tracks:

"I tell you you don't know what it is to rejoice in the Lord unless you are suffering....put your roots down in a way that you haven't done before....... Not the lack of pain, not the lack of grief, but the overwhelming glory and joy that comes up.  His hand upholds me....... its not about controlling your enviroment.  It's about controlling your allegiances."  Tim Keller
http://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/10/how-is-joy-in-suffering

You see, I'd been experiencing some pain.  That internal type.  And while I am cognizant of this lesson the Father is teaching me on rejoicing, I'm barely crawling when it comes to practicing it.  And somehow, I was thinking that my pain immobilized my rejoicing.  Truly, it ought to mobilize it!

No comments:

Post a Comment