Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm not really sure what happened.  I meant to post this in August!  But htere it is now.  A bit revelaing, but I hope encouraging!


" Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! " Philippians 4:4

A command. Those of us who have been bought with the price of His blood don't have an option.

Yet, I have disobeyed this often out of fear. Fear?!
With heights are corresponding depths, are there not?

But hasn't my Lord said,

Psalm 139:7-8 "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there;If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there."

There are 235 references to rejoice in the KJV. It's a gift. It's part of our relationship with God. And I would do well not to overlook it! In truth, it is sin for me to neglect this.

E-Sword defines rejoice as:

chairō
khah'ee-ro
A primary verb; to be full of “cheer”, that is, calmly happy or well off;

Long ago I studied what it meant to be of a gentle and quiet spirit as my Father commands in Titus 2. It's not defining volume, but a matter of inward solace, and inner state that is unruffled. This comes through our explicit trust in the Father.

May He grant us grace to live this so that His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment