Friday, August 19, 2011

It seems backward

Neh 8:11b says
"...for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”

Really?! I would think the strength of the Lord would be my joy! And there are other verses that delight in God's strength. But I have pondered this one for some time, yet I don't think I have a grip on it yet.

One aspect is having experientially understood our own violations of God's holy law. But once understood, we joyfully revel in our redemption...and as we do, we live in His strength.

Without doing a purposeful survey, it seem to me that many of those who have endured trial and persecution for the sake of the Lord has a good hold of this truth. They were so caught up in the marvel of their redemption, that they would not let go of it at any cost.

May God grant us the grace this day to joy in Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment