Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Contentment isn’t a state of organization, a weight on the scale, a state of better: better kids, better marriage, better health, better house. Contentment is never a matter of circumstances; contentment is always a state of communion — a daily embracing of God. " Ann Vos Kamp's January2, 2012 post on www.aholyliving.com


Contentment is a state of communion- a daily embracing of God.  


So many thoughts swirl in my head as I sit to write this post.  I think of Paul, who learned whatever state he was in to be content.  I think of my firstborn, struggling so hard against me each time she had a time-out, refusing to stay.  Then, turning to me and instead of my forcing her to stay, she clung to me.


How often do we want to fight against the circumstance.  Refuse to stay.  If we would turn and cling, there would be peace.

Maybe that is enough said.

1 comment:

  1. Gratitude, prerequisite to joy (or contentment).
    Coleen

    BTW, thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete